The HESS Corporate Safety Program is the foundation of our excellent safety record.
At HESS, we are proud of our excellent safety record and our commitment to building and promoting a culture of safety. From the Executive Leadership Team to the associates and subcontractors on every job site, HESS demonstrates accountability and commitment at each level of the organization. Safety awareness is an integral component of every project, allowing HESS to provide the safest and healthiest work environment possible.
HESS recognizes that many hazards are inherent in the construction industry, but we believe that through sound, reasonable and proactive safety practices, accidents are prevented. Through innovative training and educational programs, HESS provides associates and subcontractors with the tools, knowledge and resources they need to increase safety, reduce risk and improve loss control.
Our approach to safety is guided by five key objectives:
- To provide a program of safety and health consistent with best-in-class construction practices.
- To create a culture of safety-consciousness at every level of the organization.
- To minimize accidents through the integration of job-hazard analysis and phase preplanning on each project.
- To provide a uniform policy of safety management consistent with the recommendations of OSHA, Project Owners, the Associated General Contractors and insurance carriers.
- To continuously strive to update and improve our safety training through advances in technology, historical data and industry best practices.
HESS is the recipient of the Associated Builders and Contractors’ Safety Management Award for exemplary safety performance and programs.